Xiaomi is the biggest name these days in the budget smartphone market in all the Asian countries. Now, after resolving the issue with shipping in the USA, the brand is all ready to launch its devices in the Western Countries and it is doing so with the POCOPHONE F1.
This new device, priced at just around $300, has top of the line specs and is being called ‘The OnePlus Killer’. With hardware as good as or maybe even better than the latest OnePlus flagship, the device is truly expected to live up to its name.
Pocophone F1 Specifications :
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver).
- GPU – Adreno 630.
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845.
- Models – 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64 / 128 GB, 6 GB RAM.
- Storage – MicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2nd slot).
- Main Camera – Dual 12 MP, f/1.9 & 5 MP, f/2.0.
- Front Camera – Single 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh.
- OS – Android 8.1 (Oreo).
- Display – LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 6.18 inches(82.2% Screen to Body ratio).
- Resolution – 1080 x 2246 pixels.
On paper, this device is worth its cost and then some more. Reviewers rate this device very highly.
Here are some reasons for how Xiaomi managed to make POCO F1 cheap :
- Using Polycarbonate (Glorified way to say Plastic) for the device’s overall build
- Using a just a bit above Average LCD screen (Puting an AMOLED screen would have raised the cost substantially)
- Preloading Sponsored apps (Companies give money to pre-install their apps on the device)
- Keeping Very low Profit margin
With features and price like this its no wonder that Xiaomi has sold around 70,000 devices of this model in under just 5 minutes in India. It is expected to have similar success in other countries.
The main thing to consider is that will this device prove its worth in the long run. And even if the device lasts for a year or two before failing completely(which, let’s be honest, cannot happen), it has already proven its worth at $300.